YPP Application Eurovox Edinburgh 2020
IN 2020 THERE WILL BE A YOUNG PROFESSIONALS PROGRAMME (YPP) DURING THE EUROVOX CONGRESS IN EDINBURGH, July 24-26
The YPP programme is designed to enable young artists, teachers and researchers to participate in international conferences. Since the creation of the programme, YPP participants have been present at the following events:
• 2006 Eurovox Vienna, Austria
• 2009 ICVT/Eurovox Paris, France
• 2012 Eurovox Munich, Germany
• 2015 Eurovox Riga, Latvia
• 2017 ICVT Stockholm, Sweden
• 2018 Eurovox Den Haag, The Netherlands
The selected artists will sing for Master Classes and presentations in various styles (music theatre, classical, contemporary, popular, folk, jazz, etc.) as well as perform in concert. Teachers and researchers will present their work in posters, free papers, lectures, or workshops.
You can read more about YPP here.
Presenters will include:
Roderick Williams OBE (classical) - Masterclass
Cecilia McDowall – Masterclass on her song cycle *Flights of Angels*
Karen Brunssen, NATS President – Classical masterclass
Kim Chandler (CCM) – Pop masterclass
Martin Vácha (classical) – Romantic Lieder Ensembles: Schumann *Minnespiel*; Phrasing in Schubert song
Norma Enns (crossover) – English CCM in contrast to 'English Classical Song'
Ineke van Doorn (pop and jazz) – Singing technique for pop and jazz singers
Sascha Wienhausen (CVT) – Musical theatre and CCM masterclass
Patricia Caicedo (classical) – Spanish, Catalan and Portuguese song masterclass
Eileen and Christopher Field with Andri Björn Róbertsson (classical) – Icelandic song masterclass
Scott Harrison (musical theatre) - Masterclass
More info on the presenters you can find here.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Singers, teachers and researchers who are at the end of their studies or the beginning of their careers. All applicants must be either members of their national associations or be currently studying with a member in good standing of the national EVTA association.
WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE NEEDED FOR THE APPLICATION?
- For classical singers: 3 pieces from different styles or periods, one of them in their native language
- For CCM singers: 3 pieces in whatever style or language that represents the artistic personality of the singer
- For teachers and researchers: an abstract of the work they would like to present at the conference, and in what format (poster, free paper, lecture or workshop)
For all applicants:
- A statement of support from the most recent teacher who is a member of the national EVTA association, or an attestation of the applicant’s membership in the association
- Curriculum vita and professional photo
- A letter of motivation stating the reasons for applying
- Confirmation of the application from the President or Councillor of the national EVTA association
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING YPP APPLICATIONS FOR SINGERS
- At least one of the songs must be in audiovisual format (video), either posted on an online platform or via a file transfer service.
- The other two pieces may be sent as audio or video files, either as an email attachment or via a file transfer service.
- The rest of the documents in the application must be sent by email.
A selection committee including EVTA board members and AOTOS members will choose the participants
APPLICATION DEADLINE: NOV 1st, 2019
Please find the information about the selected participants here
- All EVTA member associations are invited to send applicants. The associations must either find a sponsor or carry the expenses of their applicants themselves (travel, accommodation, per diem for meals). Small associations (under 50 members) may also petition EVTA for a minimal participation in the expenses, in the event that one or more of their applicants has been chosen to participate.
- The participants who have been selected have free access to all of the conferences, workshops, master classes and social events at Eurovox.
- November 1st, 2019 - Deadline for applications
- December 1st, 2019 - EVTA associations and participants will be notified of the results
- Juli 21, 2020 - Arrival of YPP participants
- July 22-23, 2020 - Rehearsals and preparation
- July 24-26, 2020 - Eurovox Edinburgh
EVTA reserves the right to make changes as planning proceeds.