The Young Professionals Programme (YPP)
The YPP programme is designed to enable young artists to participate in European conferences. It was initiated in Vienna in 2006 and continued in Paris at ICVT7/Eurovox 2009, when more than 40 applications were received.
Eurovox 2012 in Munich also included talented young singers as well as teachers who presented research on digital resources.
At Eurovox 2015 in Riga, seven selected young artists sang for Master Classes and presentations in various styles (musical theater, classical, popular, folk, jazz, etc.) as well as performed in concert.
In 2017 a YPP was organised in cooperation with the International Congress for Voice Teachers (ICVT) in Stockholm. You can read more about this by clicking here.
The next YPP will take place at Eurovox 2018 in The Hague, The Netherlands. Information about the application you can find here.
How does it work?
- Our member associations may propose and agree to sponsor one or two young people just finishing training or embarking on a career of singing or teaching in all genres.
- The singers send an application including a CV, letter of motivation, video and audio recordings of songs to the selection committee. For teachers, an abstract of their research in the place of the recordings.
- The committee chooses the most suitable candidates depending on the specific requirements.
- EVTA organises accommodation for the group, rehearsal facilities and a final concert performance to showcase the singers in agreement with event organisers (Eurovox, ICVT, Jevop…)
- To cover the costs of each event involving YPP, a specific financial agreement will be drawn up between all parties involved: EVTA, member associations, and the host country.
- EVTA accompanies the YPP during the event by helping with repertoire, liaising with Master Teachers and presenters.